Loca and Sugahara collaborate to design a luxury coffee pour-over.
This limited edition pour-over features LOCA's famous ceramic coffee filter and handblown glass by SGHR, and a removable black leather collar, which assists for a sturdy grip.
Each coffee filter is handcrafted with LOCA's advanced technology and features a clean and minimal design to accompany its superior filtering capabilities. The LOCA ceramic filter employs technology that largely removes bitterness, rounds off all the rough edges, and allows the natural sweetness of the bean or the leaf to step forward into the spotlight, for an all-new pour-over experience.
The resulting beverage is crystal clear, totally smooth, and completely enjoyable.
For those who always take sugar in their tea or coffee, try it without sweeteners using our Ceramic Filter.
It's easy to use, and will produce a smoother cup of coffee with a less bitter taste than any paper filter around. Perfect for the coffee connoisseur or design lover.
Step One: Using warm water, ensure water flows at an acceptable rate through your filter. If not, please unclog your filter using our recommended methods.
Step Two: Place your desired amount of medium to medium-coarse ground coffee in your filter. Adjust to taste.
Step Three: Pour your kettle-boiled water into the filter over your coffee, Several pours may be required. Flow rate may be determined by how much water is added to the filter at any one time. For a stronger coffee, add water in smaller, more frequent pours. Special note, pour the hot water in a circular pattern.
- Coarsely ground beans recommended
- Bean consumption: Around 25 to 35g
- Extraction amount: 400-450 ml
- Extraction time: Steaming 30 seconds + extraction of around 4 to 4 and a half minutes
- If you are concerned about clogging, you can also use it together with a paper filter
- Maker: Sugahara Glassworks and LOCA
- Fabrication: Glass and Ceramic (filter)
- Dimensions: 3.5" width x 5" height | Volume 25.4 oz |
- Capacity: 2 -3 cups
- Made in Japan